Getting Started Instructions and Guides
Here are instructions for students on creating an account and how to join a class, and for teachers on how to create a class and enrol students.
You need to either create a new account or use an existing one. Your email is your unique identifier so you can't use it twice for different accounts.
TRY MATHWIZ and the Guest Student is a quick way to see some demo lessons and Learning Tools and does not require any login. All other plans require creating an account first.
Instructions for Students to Create Account
First, an account is needed to enrol in a class or subscribe to an Individual plan.
Follow the steps below according to your situation.
CREATE AN ACCOUNT IF NOT PART OF A CLASS
You want to create an account and DO NOT have a class code.
You have the option to subscribe to an Individual plan after creating your account by visiting PRICING PLANS.
1. Use the CREATE ACCOUNT link on MathWiz's homepage and complete the form.
Everyone has a homepage when logging in.
Check your email and click the Confirmation email from MathWiz to complete your registration.
On your homepage is a box with Your Profile.
This is where you see your Profile and can become part of a class if it has been set-up by the teacher.
You can make edits like change password using the Edit Profile button.
ENROLLING IN A CLASS WITH A CLASS CODE
You have a class code and are part of a class. Follow the steps for either EXISTING ACCOUNT or NEW ACCOUNT.
I HAVE AN EXISTING ACCOUNT
1. If you already have an account then login. If you have forgotten your password then click Forgot Password on the login page.
2. If your board email is required then FIRST change your email by going to your Profile.
3. Log out.
4. Check your board email for a Confirmation email from MathWiz that needs to be clicked.
5. Then login again and enter the class code.
I NEED A NEW ACCOUNT
Your class will have a unique class code given to you by your teacher. (ie. ABCDEF).
A special email format MAY have been required by your teacher (like your board email for example). Be ready to use it in the steps below.
FOLLOW THE STEPS on the Create Account form.
1. I am a ... Make sure to select Student.
2. Do you have a class code provided by your teacher? Select "YES" and enter the code provided. The page will refresh in a few seconds.
3. First Name Enter your first name.
4. Last Name Enter your last name.
5. Email If your board email address is required then the @your board email part should be visible and already entered for you.
You need to enter ONLY your student number.
6. Username, Password and Confirm Password Enter a Username and Password and re-type your password. Your Username may already have been created by your teacher so DO NOT Change it.
Teachers - Getting Started with MathWiz
An account is needed to join a School Plan or to subscribe to an Individual Plan.
Teachers WITH an account who want to join their School plan or wish to subscribe to an Individual Plan can start at Step 2.
If you do not remember your password then use the Forgot Password link on the Login page.
To create classes, follow the steps in STEP 3 and have your students enrol in them.
STEP 1 Create Account if you do not have one
1. Create one if you don't have one. Use the CREATE ACCOUNT link on MathWiz's homepage.
2. Make sure that you enter your school name and select the correct school board.
If your board is not listed then use the last option in the list - Independent/Private/Other.
3. Teachers should use their board email if they have one for their Username.
4. Login to your board email and find the Confirmation email from MathWiz. Check your Spam or Social folders in case it went there.
Click it to verify your account. You should be able to now login.
STEP 2 Place an Order to Activate 24/7 Access
These steps need to be done whether you are part of a school plan or subscribing on your own. If on a school plan then the Department Head or school will receive the invoice.
1. Login to your account. Use either the View Details button in the Subscriptions and Promo box or the Pricing Plans button in the main menu at the top of the page.
2. Select your subscription duration. Select Invoice Me.
3. Select "I am part of a department/school order" if you are. Only the school will receive the invoice if part of a dept. or school order.
4. Enter your email. School phone number is optional.
You now automatically have 24/7 access to use all the tools and resources and start creating classes.
STEP 3 Create a Class and have Students enrol in it. Repeat for each new class.
1. Login. Click the Add New Class tab.
2. Select the correct course. (You will be repeating Add New Class for each different course)
3. Type a Class Name ... can be whatever you like. (ie. MPM2DO:A, Gr.9 Period B).
4. Select the Duration. Use the corresponding Quadmester or Semester tabs. If your class runs for the whole year then select Full Year.
This is just for the course duration. Your subscription duration has its own duration and is independent of your course duration.
5. Depending on which board you are with, you may see the required email extension that your students have to use when they are creating their accounts before enrolling in your class.
If you want to enforce your board email for student registrations then type the email extension in the format shown on the form.
DO NOT use your full teacher board email (ie. email@example.com), just the board part (ie. @schoolboard.ca)
6. Select "Required Student Numbers". Students will be entering them when signing up.
7. Click the Add New Class button at the bottom of the form. The class will now show a 6 letter code (ie. ABCDEF).
Give it to your students to enter when they Create their Account. When they do this then they will populate your class list.
STEP 4 Student Instructions for Creating an Account and Enrolling in Your Class
Students can use the Student Tab for Instructions on creating an account and enrolling in a class on the Getting Started page or the instructions below.
Your class will have a unique class code attached to it. (ie. ABCDEF). Use the class code to enrol in your class when you create your account.
If you already have an account then login and enter the class code on your homepage.
Make sure you are using a required email if it is required and change it if needed in your Profile.
1. CREATE ACCOUNT - students create their accounts making sure to select Student on the form.
2. Do you have a class code provided by your teacher? Select YES and enter the code provided.
3. Follow the steps. If your board email address is required then you need to just enter your username or student number that goes with your board email and not the whole thing.
It should be set-up for that if required. For Peel District School Board it is required.
4. Login to your board email and find the Confirmation email from MathWiz. Click it to complete enrollment.
Check your Span or Social folders in case it went there.
Everyone in the class will have their own homepage upon login.
This is where they will see their Profile and Messages sent to the class from the teacher.